We act for motorists, LGV & PCV drivers and operators, taxi drivers, motorcyclists, cyclists… basically all road users in respect of road related legal problems. We strongly believe in road safety and do not recommend or condone the breaking of road traffic laws. Neither do we campaign against speed limits or speed limit enforcement and do not advocate speeding. However, we are only too aware of people who are pursued for offences they did not commit. Often there is no prosecution evidence but sometimes it is too easy to bully relatively safe drivers for minor offending.We are here to represent and advise the Private and Commercial Motorist. We have a very long standing association with the road and freight industry and act for operators of large numbers of goods vehicles, as well as bus, coach and ferry operators.
Rothera Sharp is a law firm based in Nottingham which has specialised in servicing the legal requirements of the Road Transport industry for well over half a century. With our clear understanding of the day-to-day problems affecting Transport Operators and Professional Drivers we are best placed to help you and give competent and professional advice on issues such as obtaining and preserving an Operator’s Licence, defence of prosecutions, representation at Public Inquiry, conditions of carriage, and contractual disputes. We are members of and panel solicitors for both of the major trade associations – the Road Haulage Association (RHA) and the Freight Transport Association (FTA).
Rothera Sharp solicitors manage hundreds of cases annually on behalf of large and small operators and their drivers, and provide a nationwide service. We also act for a large number of international operators and drivers, being members of the International Road Transport Union’s Legal Assistance Network
In addition to advising those involved with national haulage and passenger operations, Rothera Sharp can provide legal advice to those operating vehicles within specialised sectors of the transport industry, such as abnormal loads, international traffic, livestock haulage and waste transport.
We also represent hundreds of motorists annually and specialise in Motorist Defence, having a clear understanding of Road Traffic Law. We act for drivers facing prosecution for speeding, careless and dangerous driving, alcohol related offences etc., and we have appeared in almost all Magistrates’ Courts in England & Wales over recent years.
Road Traffic & Transport Law is wide ranging, complex and often confusing, but with our contacts in the industry, our links with the major trade associations, our countrywide network of agents and our heritage, we are well placed to advise on almost any problem likely to be encountered by vehicle operators, professional drivers, and private motorists.
- A major name in the provision of legal services in Nottingham for nearly 200 years
- Involved with the road transport industry and helping the motorist for well over half a century
- Members of the Freight Transport Association and Road Haulage Association.
- An experienced team of specialist road transport and motoring lawyers dealing solely with legal issues which affect goods and passenger transport operators, professional drivers and private motorists.
- Listed by reputable legal directories as being “top tier”, “nationally acclaimed” etc., and Number 1 in the East Midlands in Road Transport.
- An impressive list of clients including many of the UK’s top 50 transport companies and a considerable number of International Operators.
- Based in Nottingham but offering a Countrywide Service covering all courts in England and Wales.
- We offer a competitive fixed fee structure and transparent charging – so no hidden charges.
- No legal jargon, just plain speaking, and straight to the point legal advice from friendly and approachable specialists.
If you require further information about us or a consultation from a motoring solicitor call us now on 0800 046 3066.
Listed in Solicit a Lawyer – Solicit a Lawyer is the top Lawyer and Solicitor site in the UK listing customer comments and reviews.