The laws of the UK’s roads are crucial for ensuring safety across country, with varied rules depending on which country you’re in. This short quiz …Read More
PSV Operator’s Licence
Need advice about a PSV Operator’s Licence?
If you are an operator or professional driver looking to transport passengers, it is vital you have the correct public service vehicle (PSV) licence in place and that it is used properly, otherwise you could face being called to a public inquiry with the Traffic Commissioner or having your licence revoked.
For advice regarding PSV licences or representation at a PSV licensing public inquiry contact our experienced transport team on 0800 046 3066.
Depending on your operations you will need one of the following licences:
- Standard national licence-enables you to carry passengers in Great Britain only
- Standard national and international licence-required when you are transporting passengers both abroad and in Great Britain
- Restricted licence-only required where you have 1 or 2 vehicles and neither can carry more than 8 passengers; however one of the vehicles can carry 16 passengers if it is not being used as part of a passenger transport business or the vehicle is used as a side-line rather than the operator’s main job
- Special restricted licence- a special licence used to operate licensed taxis on local services
At Keep Me On The Road our dedicated transport lawyers have a wealth of experience in the following:
- Applications for PSV Drivers’ licences
- Applications for PSV Operators’ licences
- PSV driver conduct hearings
- Representation at Public Inquiry
- Representation at the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court
It is likely that your business and livelihood will depend on having a PSV licence in place, therefore if you or one of your drivers has committed a PSV offence we recommend seeking legal advice at the earliest opportunity.
Our experienced transport lawyers at Keep Me On The Road have represented many operators who have previously been refused an operator’s licence or who have faced public inquiry to determine whether their application should be granted.
PSV Operator’s Licence Solicitors –
If you need advice regarding a PSV licence offence or have any questions about applying for an operator’s licence contact our transport law and operator licensing solicitors on 0800 046 3066