Every year we see a spike in the number of clients attending Court for drink drive related offences. Don’t be another statistic and ruin your holiday season by falling foul of the law, by following our simple advice:
- There is no consistent safe limit of alcohol which will keep you under the limit. Many of our clients are surprised that one or two drinks can put them over the limit. The proportion of alcohol in your body is dependent upon many factors such as strength of alcohol, metabolism, build, age and other food/drink consumption. If you aren’t sure, don’t take the risk!
- You can still be over the limit the day after drinking, even if you have been to sleep. With high alcohol consumption, you can still be over the limit late into the next day without being aware of it. To stay safe, if you are drinking heavily, make other transport arrangements the following day.
- A drink drive conviction will lead to a driving disqualification of at least 12 months, frequently longer, and could even cause you to lose your job.
- It is easy to be tempted to drive when taxis are sparse and it is cold outside. Leave your keys at home to avoid the temptation!
- The police are on high alert and only need a reasonable suspicion to legitimately stop you.
Don’t put yourself at risk, arrange public transport or a designated driver.
If you have been charged with a drink driving offence contact our specialist motoring solicitors for advice on 0115 910 6239