Here at Keep Me on The Road we have years of experience dealing with the DVSA in cases where operators and drivers have fallen short …Read More
Driver Conduct Hearings
Has the Traffic Commissioner called you to a Driver Conduct Hearing?
Driver conduct hearings with the Traffic Commissioner can be unnerving experiences. Having to answer difficult questions and give evidence in a public court is never easy.
Call us now on 0115 9106218 – we offer a free initial consultation for drivers.
The Traffic Commissioner has the power to:
- Revoke your vocational licence
- Suspend your licence
- Issue you with a formal warning
- Take no action
Your outcome will depend on a number of things: First of all, how serious the allegations against you are. Second, how you have responded to them, and thirdly, how well you can present your case. Often, allegations which at first can appear very serious will turn out to be less serious once the full facts are properly explained. Similarly, the Traffic Commissioner may ask you about your employer, and how they manage their drivers.
Whatever the circumstances, our transport lawyers take a friendly, pragmatic and professional approach.
- We offer free, confidential initial advice.
- Our team will review your call in letter and any other evidence against you.
- We will then advise you on the likely outcome and go on to suggest steps you can take before the hearing to improve your prospects: for instance, further training.
- Finally, we will attend with you at your hearing and help to present your case. Above all, we will seek to persuade the Traffic Commissioner to deal with your matter as leniently as possible.
Reasons you can be called to a Driver Conduct Hearing
You can be called to a Driver Conduct Hearing for the following reasons:
- You have used a mobile phone whilst driving
- Committing Drivers’ hours and tachograph offences
- Receiving penalty points for speeding or other offences
- Driving an overloaded vehicle
- Failing to stop after an accident
- Recent criminal convictions
- Roadside prohibitions have been issued to you
We understand that proceedings of this kind can be stressful. Ultimately, your licence, your livelihood and your reputation are at stake.