New and provisional drivers are being urged to think seriously about who supervises them in the passenger seat – or risk facing £1,000 and …Read More
Careless Driving Offences
Have you been charged with Careless Driving?
Careless Driving, or driving without due care and attention, is judged primarily upon the standard of your driving. If your driving is “far below” the expected then it would be classed as Dangerous Driving and if it is “below”, this can be construed as Careless Driving.
If you are facing prosecution for careless driving contact our motoring offence experts on 0800 046 3066
The penalties for Careless Driving are:
- Up to a £2,500 fine; and
- Mandatory 3 to 9 penalty points or discretionary disqualification
- Momentary lapse of concentration at low speed – 3-4 points
- Loss of control due to speed / attention to the road – 5-6 points
- Overtaking manoeuvre at speed resulting in a collision – 7-9 points
Examples of careless driving include:
- Failing to give way at a junction
- Taking the wrong lane at a roundabout
- Hand break turns
- Drinking/eating whilst driving
- Inappropriate speed
- Wheel spins
- Carrying passengers or heavy load
- Causing damage to other vehicles or property
- Ignoring traffic signs
If you receive a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP), summons or postal requisition and face prosecution for Careless Driving we shall be happy to advise you with regard to your options, or if you require legal representation, call now and speak to one of our solicitors on 0800 0463066.
We offer a Nationwide Service.