Head of Transport Team
Anton Balkitis heads up the transport law team at Keep Me On The Road and is a nationally recognised road transport lawyer and motoring law specialist.
He is one of the country’s leading experts in his field, being recognised by legal directories including Chambers and Legal 500, which stated that Anton has “a wealth of experience on all aspects of transport law and has achieved excellent results for his clients in regulatory investigations and prosecutions”.
Anton can provide expert legal advice and advocacy defending commercial operators, professional drivers and private motorists on a wide range of prosecutions including vehicle offences and licence entitlements.
He represents at both Goods and Passenger Service Vehicle Operator Licensing public inquiries before Traffic Commissioners and regularly appears in Magistrates’ Courts across England & Wales.
Qualifications & Experience
Anton has over 25 years’ experience in transport law and regulatory compliance, assisting businesses and professional drivers and many thousands of motorists. He graduated from Keele University in 1984 with a degree in Law and Politics and completed the legal practice course in law at the College of Law, Chancery Lane in 1985. Anton worked for another local firm when he qualified in 1988 before he joined Rothera Sharp in 1989, and he became a partner in 1992.
- Representation in Magistrates’ and Crown Courts
- Traffic Commissioners’ Disciplinary and Environmental Public Inquiries
- Prosecutions for Goods & PSV Operators & Drivers
- Advocacy at Trials, Appeals and Plea Hearings
- Operator Licensing & Regulatory Compliance
- Civil Penalties & Stowaways
- International / Carriers Liability
- Driver Conduct hearings
- Vehicle Seizures / Impounding
- DVSA Investigations
- Representation at Coroners’ Inquests
- Health & Safety
- Environment Agency Prosecutions
- Motorist Defence & all Road Traffic Offences
- Driving Licence Entitlements and Totting Up
Road Haulage Association
Freight Transport Association (Regional Council)
Builders Merchants Federation
International Road Transport Union
Association of Trial Lawyers
Nottingham City Business Club