Richard Turfitt has been appointed as the new Senior Traffic Commissioner by Transport Minister John Hayes. Currently the Traffic Commissioner for the East of England, …Read More
Operator Licence Applications
Do you need help applying for an Operator’s Licence?
A badly handled operator licence application can result in a Public Inquiry hearing with the Traffic Commissioner and a refusal of your application. Our transport solicitors can help you to apply for an operator’s licence, even if a previous application has been refused.
Call our transport team today on 0115 9106218 for a free initial consultation.
Our transport team can advise you on:
- Applying for a new licence after a change of business structure or entity
- What type of operator’s licence you need
- Whether any exemptions from operator licensing could apply to your business
- How to demonstrate financial standing
- How to post a suitable public notice
- What you can do to show good repute and professional competence
- How to declare previous convictions
- How to appeal a refusal
We will liaise closely with the Central Licensing Office on your behalf and do all we can to facilitate the grant of your application.
What are the consequences of a badly handled application?
If the concerns are raised about your application, you could find yourself called to attend either:
- A Senior Team Leader (STL) interview
- A Preliminary Hearing with the Traffic Commissioner
- A Public Inquiry Hearing with the Traffic Commissioner
We regularly represent applicants and operators at Public Inquiry and Preliminary Hearings in front of the Traffic Commissioner in every traffic region.
Common reasons an application may be called to a hearing include:
- Previous convictions and concerns regarding your repute
- A poor history with another operator’s licence
- Suspicions of fronting or lending a licence
- Concerns over the “main occupation” requirement (Restricted PSV licences only)
- Insufficient financial evidence
- Concerns with the suitability of your Transport Manager
At Rothera Sharp our specialist transport solicitors can advise you at every stage of the application process, and can handle the application for you. Whether you require help with an emergency application, or are simply thinking of getting started in the transport industry, our experts can help.
Call today on 0115 9106218 for a free initial consultation.