Statistics in the news this week published by Highways England show that there were 75,371 incidents involving HGVs above 3.5 tonnes in 2015, an increased …Read More
Tachograph and Drivers’ Hours Offences
Facing prosecution for tachograph and drivers’ hours offences?
Offences involving drivers’ hours and tachograph misuse are treated very seriously by the Traffic Commissioners and the Criminal Courts. Depending on the allegations, you could find yourself facing:
- An unlimited fine
- A criminal conviction
- Revocation of your vocational licence
- Revocation of your operator’s licence
- A prison sentence
If you are undergoing a DVSA (VOSA) investigation, or facing a criminal prosecution it is crucial that you seek legal representation at the earliest possible stage.
How our transport lawyers can help:
- Review the prosecution evidence
- Advise you on the strength of the case against you
- Arrange for any data to be independently analysed
- Challenge any evidence that may not be admissible
- Liaise with the prosecutor to seek to have any charges withdrawn or amended
- Represent you at both the Magistrates’ and Crown Court
- Represent you at any Public Inquiry or driver conduct hearing with the Traffic Commissioner
Common drivers hours and tachograph offences include:
- Driving without a driver card
- Using someone else’s driver card
- Failing to make a relevant record or entry
- Knowingly making a false record
- Interfering with a tachograph device
- Exceeding your daily / weekly driving hours
- Failing to take proper breaks and rests
If you are found guilty of any of these offences at court, the Traffic Commissioner will be made aware:
- Drivers convicted of any of these offences should expect to be called to a driver conduct hearing where action can be taken against their vocational licence.
- Operators and Transport Managers should expect to be called to a Public Inquiry where their action can be taken against their O licence.
Tachograph and drivers’ hours offences are serious matters which can impact your reputation, your finances, your livelihood, and in some cases your liberty.
Speak to an expert today on 0115 9106218 for a free, completely confidential consultation.