Statistics in the news this week published by Highways England show that there were 75,371 incidents involving HGVs above 3.5 tonnes in 2015, an increased …Read More
Specialist Road Transport Lawyers to the Haulage and Passenger Transport Industry Nationwide.
At Rotheras our road transport law solicitors have years of experience representing operators, transport managers and drivers before the Traffic Commissioner and the criminal courts. We offer free initial consultations and fixed fees.
Few things are more stressful than undergoing a DVSA investigation or being called to a Public Inquiry or court hearing. It can be difficult to know where to turn. At Rotheras, our transport solicitors are on hand to help you through the process. We provide friendly, practical and straight-forward advice at every stage.
Whether you operate 1 vehicle or 500, we fight hard to protect your business, your O licence, and your reputation.
Transport Law Expertise
Traffic Commissioner Representation
We represent operators, transport managers and drivers nationwide at enforcement hearings before the Traffic Commissioners. We specialise in:
- Traffic Commissioner Public Inquiries
- Driver Conduct Hearings
- Vehicle Impounding Hearings
- Preliminary Hearings and STL Interviews
DVSA Investigations and Interviews
We can advise you at every stage of a DVSA investigation, including:
- Inspections of your operating centre
- Questioning under caution
- Roadside stops
- Record production requests
Prosecutions and Criminal Defence
If you are being prosecuted by the DVSA, we will represent you at both the Magistrates’ and the Crown Courts. Typical offences include:
- Drivers Hours and Tachograph Offences
- Overloading / Insecure Load
- False records and fraud
- Motoring offences
Managing Your Operator Licence
Our transport lawyers are experts in all aspects of operator licensing. Services we provide include:
- Applying for or Varying an Operator’s License
- Transport Compliance Advice Bespoke to your Business
We have a long history of acting for European haulage and logistics companies on a wide range of cross-border matters, including:
- Carrying stowaways and challenging Civil Penalties
- Customs seizures of vehicles and loads
- Challenging LEZ, ULEZ and Dart Charge penalties