Olivia is able to provide expert legal advice and representation to commercial operators, professional drivers and private motorists on a wide range of issues including licences, compliance, public inquiries and motorist defence.
She began her career at the Bar in London in Chambers before settling in the Midlands to practice, where she has offered advice and representation on all criminal matters, regulatory proceedings and road traffic prosecutions.
Olivia is recognised for her particular style of advocacy and is often instructed through referrals and word of mouth. She is instantly able to put her clients at ease through her very approachable nature and has an excellent record for success.
Olivia is very experienced in contested court hearings both in the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court and will always endeavour to secure the best possible outcome for her clients. She appears in courts throughout England and Wales.
Qualifications & Experience
Olivia has 20 years’ experience in dealing with transport, road traffic and regulatory law, providing expert legal advice and representation to commercial operators, professional drivers and private motorists on a wide range of issues. Olivia attended Nottingham Trent University and qualified as a Barrister in 1998. Between 1998 and 2002 she worked as a Barrister at Holborn Chambers in London, before joining New Walk Chambers in Leicester where she worked as a Barrister for 12 years. She joined Rotheras in November 2014 and became an associate in June 2017.
- Representation in Magistrates’ and Crown Courts
- Traffic Commissioners’ Disciplinary and Environmental Public Inquiries
- Prosecutions for Goods & PSV Operators & Drivers
- Advocacy at Trials, Appeals and Plea Hearings
- Operator Licensing & Regulatory Compliance
- Civil Penalties & Stowaways
- International / Carriers Liability
- Driver Conduct hearings
- Vehicle Seizures / Impounding
- DVSA Investigations
- Representation at Coroners’ Inquests
- Health & Safety
- Environment Agency Prosecutions
- Motorist Defence & all Road Traffic Offences
- Driving Licence Entitlements and Totting Up
Road Haulage Association
East Midlands Freight Council
Nottingham Law Society