Letter of representations/mitigation – £600 – 900 (incl. VAT)
In some circumstances, especially more minor motoring offences, there might be the possibility of avoiding your offence going to court. This can be achieved through a letter of representations written by us on your behalf to dissuade the police from issuing court proceedings. It may also be appropriate to write a strong detailed letter in mitigation to the court for you to dispense with or as an alternative to an attendance.
Stages of process:
- Initial consultation and advice by phone/person
- Review of charge summons and evidence, including providing advice
- Further consultation by phone/in person regarding mitigation
- Draft letter of mitigation
Our fee includes:
- Attending to you over the phone/in person
- Minimum of 1 hour preparation :
- Considering evidence
- Providing advice in relation to plea and likely sentence
- Written representation including advising on a decision
Our fee does not include:
- Attendance at court
- Third party or experts fees
- Inquiries of witnesses/third parties
We do not expect to do any work outside the terms of the fixed price quoted, however we will notify you if this changes and discuss with you how the additional work may be charged.
Visit our team page to find out more about the experience and qualifications of individuals who may assist you with your case.